Thursday, September 11, 2008

Honoring 9-11 in America the Beautiful


Warning: This is a blatantly patriotic posting. I am so thankful to God that I was born in America and today I salute, not only the heroes of 9-11, but this nation as a whole.
Contrary to the gloom and doom media and all the self-serving political rhetoric, America is a fabulous land, full of opportunity and good people, and to me still the grandest, safest, most blessed land on the planet. We aren't going down the tubes. We aren't starving. We aren't going broke.
The media has perpetrated a great and negative lie about our situation, and too many people blindly listen. Look around--I mean, REALLY look around for yourself and see that we are so incredibly well off, so blessed, so fat and full and over-indulged. Maybe we're too spoiled and that's why we squeal so loudly when we have to tighten the belt a bit.

So today I fly Old Glory and remember the day America stood together, regardless of political and philosophical differences, unmindful of gas or grocery prices or the unemployment index, against the worst of enemies. We stood together and we prevailed together. And I pray that we can remember that powerful, powerful moment of unity and strive to always be one nation under God conceived in liberty.....

America is, indeed, beautiful.


1 comment:

Julie said...

Linda -
You are so right. We are so blessed! As for the being fat - I blame Nadine and those cookies!!! I truly am thankful for all the men and women who have given up everything to insure that we are free and live in the most awesome country there is! A huge thank you to all who have served and are currently serving this great country!

Julie