Monday, October 13, 2014

Today's Lost Youth, Dog Food, and a ROK

It all started with a bag of dog food. A BIG bag of dog food. Fifty pounds of dog food. If you guessed I have several large dogs, you'd be correct. I was at Walmart when the husband called to say we were out of dog food. I don't usually make these purchases because fifty pounds is heavy and I'm a wimp. But this day I braved it to save an extra trip to town.

Back in the pet aisle, the fifty pounders were stacked so that I had to wrestle a bag forward and then hoist it up and into my cart. To say I was making little progress is putting it mildly but I could do it. Eventually. Suddenly, a pair of masculine hands appeared and took hold of the bag. A young man probably 19 or 20 said, "Let me get that for you." I didn't know this young man nor was he an employee. He was simply a shopper with wonderful manners and a pair of strong arms.

Has anything like this ever happened to you?

If you have good news or a random act of kindness to share, please email me. If I choose your anecdote for the blog, I'll send you a print copy of one of my recent books!

linda  @ lindagoodnight   dot   com

No comments: