Friday, October 10, 2014

The Good News Blog

More than once lately I've complained that the "News" programs on TV report only bad news, never the good stuff.  When a person walks through a dark season in her life, as I have this year, finding the joy in life is often difficult. As I floundered, searching for a way to escape the doldrums, I heard a simple sermon by a young preacher on maintaining joy in life. His text was from Phillipians 8.

 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

Is it really that simple? Is it worth a try?


Then I heard someone talking about the state of the world, how bad everything was, how disrespectful today's youth are, etc. Negative, negative. No wonder we are in the doldrums. All around is negativity and  bad news.  There must be good things happening in this world. We are just too programmed toward the bad to notice.

And so begins my new purpose for this blog. To find and accent the GOOD. Sure, I'll still post a recipe or news about a book's release-that's good news to me--but I'm more interested in the little daily moments of good news.

Stay tuned, on Monday I have a Random Act of Kindness to share with you!

No comments: