Wednesday, November 21, 2007

EGG-splosion

Someone once told me never to put a cat in the microwave. Well now, that made perfectly good sense. I don't cook cats. Why would I ever consider such a thing? However, I do cook eggs, but I learned a valuable lesson about microwaves and eggs. Never, ever try to boil an egg in the microwave. Here's egg-zactly what happened.

I boiled an egg the regular way and after peeling away the shell, I was egg-zasperated to realize the inside was still a little soggy. So I popped it into the microwave for a few seconds. All was well until I removed the egg and cut into it with a knife. POP! Suddenly, I was blinded, momentarily thank goodness. When the smoke, or I should say, egg cleared, I was covered with yellow dots. I was covered, my kitchen was covered, everything except the chicken salad, the real destination for my egg, was covered. I'm not egg-zaggerating. My daughter and I spent the next thirty minutes removing egg from some strange places including the ceiling .

After all the egg-citement my chicken salad sandwich remained eggless. I wasn't about to try that egg-speriment again!

Bet you don't want to come to my house for Thanksgiving dinner!
Linda

2 comments:

Di said...

Yes I would, AFTER you cleaned up your EGGY mess! hehe

I can't wait to try out some of those great chocoholic recipes I just found on your website. Yum!

Thanks for sharing, Linda.

Diane Dishman, fellow OKRWA outlaw

Linda Goodnight said...

Hi Di!!

Thanks for stopping in. Try to the 'fast fudge' if you're a fudge lover. I make some about once a week!

Hugs,
Linda g