Sunday, September 09, 2012

I had a hankering for Orange Julius. Do you remember the creamy drink? At one time you could buy it in shopping malls. I think the business is still around, though I haven't bought one in years. So today I found this recipe on line and tried it. Oh, my. Creamy with just the right amount of sweetness and tangy orange--a Dreamsicle in a cup (remember those?).

Homemade Orange Julius
 
6 oz. frozen orange juice
1 cup milk
1 cup water
1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
10-12 ice cubes  (I used more like 15 or 16)
 
Put the first five ingredients in the blender and blend a few seconds. Then, running the blender on "ice crush", add the ice a few cubes at a time until well blended.

Now, take a new novel-preferrably mine-and a pretty glass fill with Orange Julius, kick back in the recliner and enjoy!

Available now:
A SEASON FOR GRACE, classic duo  (click link to order)

Coming in October:
A SNOWGLOBE CHRISTMAS - Pre-order

No comments: